If you get this error with smart card authentication on your RDP / ICA session make sure:
- Smart card middleware is installed on both client and server;
- The same smart card reader drivers are installed on both client and server;
- The key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftCryptographyCalaisSmartCards contains your smart card and the key is not empty, containing an “Crypto Provider” REG_SZ filled with the CSP;
- Make sure the CSP mentioned above is defined under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftCryptographyDefaultsProvider and uses an existing DLL file;
- The above mentioned registry keys should be the same on client and server so a match kan be made.
Thanks to TekWorkshop